Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rakeshm55
Explorer
Explorer

.COE file to initialize block ram

Hi,

i have a ROM intantiated using Core Gen. the ROM is implemented in BRAM..

its size is 120 bit width and depth of 256.

I want to initialize ROM values. I tried to generate .coe file using memory editor. But herein i am unable to provide the width parameter as 120 as it is limited to 16 bit width.

So in Memory editor I provied width as 16 and depth as 1920 to match the same no of memory locations (256X120), here i met with a validation error.

How can i initialize such a memory??

Untitled.png
0 Kudos
4 Replies
aher
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

how many entries have you made?

can you attach .coe file so that it can be varified?

thanks

shreyas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Instead of memory editor please follow the syntax and examples given in below link and have your own .coe file and recheck

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/cgn_r_coe_file_syntax.htm

Hope it helps

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

you should also make sure the Coe file generated matches your  ROM configuration parameters(width and depth). Validation error will happen if they don't match.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
jigarmori
Visitor
Visitor

0 Kudos