cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaronxupy
Observer
Observer

Can kintex7(xc7k325t) 's transceiver support 10GBASE-KR?

Jump to solution

As the title, I hope to know whether kc7k325t support 10GBASE-KR.I didn't  find the 10GBASE-KR IP Core in vivado when I select the K7 series.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
athandr
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

In the coregen in ISE you can find the supported devices for that core. Please check in that if the Kintex-7 is included in ISE. However from the notes it does not look like Kintex-7 is supported.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @aaronxupy

Check this pdf: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma/v6_0/pg068-ten-gig-eth-pcs-pma.pdf (see LogiCORE IP Facts Table)

10G base-kr is not supported in Kintex 7 devices. 

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
aaronxupy
Observer
Observer

Hi vuppala,

Thank for your reply. I can find the 10G base KR IP core in ISE when I choose the K7 series ,why vivado not?

Regards

0 Kudos
smarell
Community Manager
Community Manager
10G base KR IP is supported only with devices that has GTH. All Kintex devices have GTX not GTH. Hence this core can't be used with Kintex.

I tried to see if there is any difference in ISE targeting KC705 and could see that this core is not supported.

Can you please share your configuration to reproduce this issue?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
athandr
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

In the coregen in ISE you can find the supported devices for that core. Please check in that if the Kintex-7 is included in ISE. However from the notes it does not look like Kintex-7 is supported.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos