Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Custom IP-XACT specification for System Generator Blocks

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am looking for a way to customize the interface specifications (component.xml) of a Vivado System Generator block which is compiled with the 'IP Catalog' target.

I need this, because I want to change the interface type of some of my Gateway In/Out blocks from data to clock, interrupts, differential signals and so on..

Vivado gives me this warning when synthesizing my project:

[IP_Flow 19-4318] IP-XACT file does not exist: d:/clients/rtds/ip_repo/rtds_v1_2/component.xml. It will be created.

Is it possible to provide a custom component.xml which is used by default?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Okay, I found a workaround by creating a custom compilation target as described in UG897 (chapter 8).

By using a custom compilation target, I am able to add my own TCL commands before / after Vivado project creation.

Vivado provides a TCL namespace called 'ipx::*' with a bunch of useful commands to adjust your IP-XACT interfaces, package the IP and more..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi,

I had same requirement in MIG IP to divide low and high address to DDR.

For that I have made a local copy of MIG and edited component.xml. Later, added this modified IP to IP repository of tool and used it.

So it is possible to edit component.xml.

Regards

Praveen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi Praveen,

@pvenugo wrote:

For that I have made a local copy of MIG and edited component.xml. Later, added this modified IP to IP repository of tool and used it.

Okay, I already used the same workaround by re-packaging the IP again and editing component.xml with the IP-XACT editor.

I was wondering if there's maybe a way integrate this into my workflow without re-packaging my IP after every change.

Steffen

PS: could you please move this topic to the SysGen section of this forum? Sorry, this was my first post..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Okay, I found a workaround by creating a custom compilation target as described in UG897 (chapter 8).

By using a custom compilation target, I am able to add my own TCL commands before / after Vivado project creation.

Vivado provides a TCL namespace called 'ipx::*' with a bunch of useful commands to adjust your IP-XACT interfaces, package the IP and more..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos