Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunayana.chskradhar
Participant
Participant

DMA in Zynq

Hello All,

I plan to use DMA in Zynq PS and connect it with Microblaze. I need to transfer data to and from Zynq PS to microblaze using this DMA. I found in the configuration wizard that the Zynq PS has its DMA in the form of peripheral request interface and when I enable this it appears on the zynq PS. How should i connect these port to microblaze? I have seen that there are no DMA options in microblaze. Also there is another AXI DMA IP core which I can add on the PL and use it to connect between Zynq PS and Microblaze.Which of these 2 DMAs is recommended. Is there any document/ white paper which explains the procedure of connnecting Zynq PS to the Microblaze?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bwiec
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

As you've noticed, there are many ways that you might move data between PS and PL. The best way to do that depends on a number of factors.

I plan to use DMA in Zynq PS and connect it with Microblaze.

It's not clear what you mean by "connect it with Microblaze." In fact, one of the easier ways to share data between the ARMs and MB in the PL is not to use a DMA at all; simply connect MB as a master on one of the ACP or HP ports and now both processors can see a big chunk of the same memory region simultaneously.

So perhaps you can provide a bit more details about what exactly you're trying to accomplish so we can provide more specific advice. Maybe a block diagram?

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos