UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor enslaved46
Visitor

Dealy getting data from ROM

I was trying to read the data from ROM. Works perfectly fine except first 100 nano seconds . Data is not loaded from the from. There is a delay. Here is my code and the test bench.  In main source oClock is just a dangling wire don't mind it.simulation.PNGadder.PNGpc counter.PNGtestbench.PNG

main.PNGHhhh

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Visitor enslaved46
Visitor

Re: Dealy getting data from ROM

I forgot to mention in above text that I created a single port ROM using IPCATALOG. Thank you in advance,

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This is expected behavior. First 100 ns are the initial delay it calculated by cclk frequency to model hardware behavior . You can assert reset for few clock cycles
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @enslaved46

GSR will be active during first 100ns hence you should not issue any read command before 100ns. Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Visitor enslaved46
Visitor

Thanks Deepika!

i though of delalaing two cycles using D-Flipflop but then realied I will still have first 4 byte data. I tried reset onption mention by Balkrishan it did not work. Could you please give me some sample code I could get inspired with.

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos