cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dealy getting data from ROM

I was trying to read the data from ROM. Works perfectly fine except first 100 nano seconds . Data is not loaded from the from. There is a delay. Here is my code and the test bench.  In main source oClock is just a dangling wire don't mind it.simulation.PNGadder.PNGpc counter.PNGtestbench.PNG

main.PNGHhhh

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to mention in above text that I created a single port ROM using IPCATALOG. Thank you in advance,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This is expected behavior. First 100 ns are the initial delay it calculated by cclk frequency to model hardware behavior . You can assert reset for few clock cycles
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Anonymous

GSR will be active during first 100ns hence you should not issue any read command before 100ns. Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Deepika!

i though of delalaing two cycles using D-Flipflop but then realied I will still have first 4 byte data. I tried reset onption mention by Balkrishan it did not work. Could you please give me some sample code I could get inspired with.

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos