Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vaddi_iitg
Contributor
Contributor

Differential clock to single ended Clock

Jump to solution

Hi all I am using a zynq zc702 board. I have a differential clock comming from the board. now i want to make it into a single clock. Now i know that there are several buffers like IOBUF, IBUFGDS,IBUFDS etc... What are the difference between these. And which should i use.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anusheel

Hi,

Clock constraints do not results in IOSTD errors.

As this issue is already active on other thread, close this thread by marking the solution.

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

you can use IBUFGDS for the clock to convert from differential clock to single.

See more description in the following user guide: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/7series_hdl.pdf (page no. 177)

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
pulim
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

yes, you should be using IBUFGDS.

This design element is a dedicated differential signaling input buffer for connection to the clock buffer (BUFG) or

MMCM.

IOBUF is a bidirectional single-ended I/O Buffer used to connect internal logic to an external bidirectional pin.

IBUFDS is differential signalling input buffer that is used differential inputs.

0 Kudos
vaddi_iitg
Contributor
Contributor

But i have a problem. IBUFGDS template is not there in Vivado. And if i am using IBUFDS i am getting this error while generating bitstream

• [Drc 23-20] Rule violation (IOSTDTYPE-1) IOStandard Type - I/O port systemClockN is Single-Ended but has an IOStandard of LVDS_25 which can only support Differential
    • [Drc 23-20] Rule violation (IOSTDTYPE-1) IOStandard Type - I/O port systemClockP is Single-Ended but has an IOStandard of LVDS_25 which can only support Differential
0 Kudos
anusheel

Hi,

This error may occur if I/O port is single ended and LVDS_25 is used thats what error message says.

Make sure you are using right constraints. Which device are you targeting? Show your constraints here.

Thanks,
Anusheel
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.

0 Kudos
vaddi_iitg
Contributor
Contributor

I am using ZC702 board. I am using System Clock. In use Guide pg 28. D18 and C19 for P and N. But i did not give clock constraints is that the problem??

0 Kudos
anusheel

Hi,

Clock constraints do not results in IOSTD errors.

As this issue is already active on other thread, close this thread by marking the solution.

Thanks,
Anusheel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Open synthesized design and check if the IBUFDS inputs and output are connected properly or not.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos