UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie azfar84

Digilent Atlys Board?

I intend to implement numerous Computer Vision algorithms on FPGA.  Is Digilent Atlys a good platform for such applications?  I am a beginner, and can't figure this out on my own.

Digilent Atlys:

http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,400,836&Prod=ATLYS&CFID=59140&CFTOKEN=82172784

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Advisor eilert
Advisor

Re: Digilent Atlys Board?

Hi,

the one good thing of the ATLYS board (compared to many other boards) for your kind of application might be the HDMI input.

So you can generate test pictures on a host computer and directly view the effect of your algorithms on the monitor.

The ATLYS then is in between computer and monitor.

However, it's not a simple task to set up such a test environment.

The effort needed to create a useful test environment is often underestimated.

With some luck you may find some reference design where you just need to replace the algorithms.

If you don't need to see the results of your algorithms instantly, most any board with a fast std interface (e.g. ethernet RJ45 LAN) will do. Of course this isn't easy either.

Hope this helped a little

Have a nice synthesis

Eilert

0 Kudos