UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar xilinxacct
Scholar

Editing another persons post... How is that possible?

Jump to solution

I was browsing to find posts to answer, and came across a post that was created by one user, but then showed it had been 'edited' by a 'different' user the following day.

It doesn't seem like that should be legitimately possible? (Or indicative of a second or hacked account?)

P.S. The users (which I won't disclose publicly) were not designated as Xilinx Employees (which I guess potentially 'could' have such capabilities)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: Editing another persons post... How is that possible?

Jump to solution

@xilinxacct Link to post?

I can think of a few possibilities:

- The editing user was a Xilinx employee at the time but no longer is. Presumably Xilinx staff do change from time to time.

- The user has requested a username change (eg. because they had a company in their username, and have now moved to a different company). In this case the post may still show up with the original name, but the edit could be done by the new name.

- It's simply a Xilinx employee who does not choose to advertise.

As for when posts can be edited - if I remember correctly, new members can't edit their posts. It's quite possible that they sent a message to a Xilinx admin asking for the post to be edited for corrections, removing commercially-sensitive information, etc.

2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Well,

It is something Xilinx employees have access to if they are designated account administrators or moderators, but they should NOT edit/change a post without permission of the original poster AND they should indicate the edit was done (with "edited by Xilinx admin" remark or similar).

That said, the policy was not in effect more than two years ago, so posts may have been edited by a moderator/admin without any obvious notice, or no notice at all.

That said, the moderators and admins are serious about making these forums the best of any in the industry.

l.e.o.

0 Kudos
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

@xilinxacct Link to post?

I can think of a few possibilities:

- The editing user was a Xilinx employee at the time but no longer is. Presumably Xilinx staff do change from time to time.

- The user has requested a username change (eg. because they had a company in their username, and have now moved to a different company). In this case the post may still show up with the original name, but the edit could be done by the new name.

- It's simply a Xilinx employee who does not choose to advertise.

As for when posts can be edited - if I remember correctly, new members can't edit their posts. It's quite possible that they sent a message to a Xilinx admin asking for the post to be edited for corrections, removing commercially-sensitive information, etc.