UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Error 0001: Sysgen license checkout failed.

HI all,

I was tryng to run Lab_1 (https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_1/ug948-vivado-sysgen-tutorial.pdf) of System Generator for DSP on Vivado 2016.1 and R2015b MatLab combination. I'm getting below error and could not find a way to solve this. I'm starting the system generator as suggested in http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/41563.html. I have generated env.txt file and uploaded below.

Could somebody have a look at this kindly.

--------------------------------- Version Log ----------------------------------
Version Path
System Generator 2016.1 C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2016.1
Matlab 8.6.0.267246 (R2015b) C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2015b
Vivado 2016.1 C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2016.1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary of Errors:
XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE = C...
Block: Unspecified
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error 0001:

Reported by:
Unspecified

Details:
Sysgen license checkout failed.
XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE = C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2016.1/data/sysgen/hwcosim_compiler/pp_ethernet
Environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE is not set.
License search path: C:\.Xilinx;C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2016.1\data\sysgen\hwcosim_compiler\pp_ethernet;C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2016.1\data\ipcore_licenses

Regards,

Namalka

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error 0001: Sysgen license checkout failed.

[ Edited ]

Hi @nliyanage@90,

Sysgen needs Sytem edition License, If you already have a valid license then can you please set the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE to the location of license file.

Follow the below steps:

1. Open Xilinx License Configuration Manager.

2. Click on Manage License search path tab.

3. Set the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE: C:\location\of\license\file\Xilinx.lic

4. Click on Set.

If this does not help, please attach the license file for further analysis. If you do not have a license. As from the attached env.txt I see the IP core licenses information only.

Note: if you just trying to practice and test the labs. You can just opt fora 30 day evaluation license that covers sysgen tool . 

refer: https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado.html#buy

Regards,

Sravanthi B

View solution in original post

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Hi @nliyanage@90,

Sysgen needs Sytem edition License, If you already have a valid license then can you please set the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE to the location of license file.

Follow the below steps:

1. Open Xilinx License Configuration Manager.

2. Click on Manage License search path tab.

3. Set the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE: C:\location\of\license\file\Xilinx.lic

4. Click on Set.

If this does not help, please attach the license file for further analysis. If you do not have a license. As from the attached env.txt I see the IP core licenses information only.

Note: if you just trying to practice and test the labs. You can just opt fora 30 day evaluation license that covers sysgen tool . 

refer: https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado.html#buy

Regards,

Sravanthi B

1. Check if you are using compatible version of tools . I would suggest you to use latest version of tool
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/55830.html

2. Check your license status you should have license of sysgen

3. Check your environment variable . License should be setup correctly

4. check if you are able to run other designs . It look like you are doing ethernet hardware co-simulation

5. Download and set license of Ethernet IPs

Hope it may help you
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

Hi nliyanage@90,

I only see the IP licenses in the env report generated. Try installing the tool license first to bypass this error.

Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visitor

Thank you so much, it was an error with the settings of license server.

[ Edited ]

Hi nliyanage@90,

Can you please mark the post which helped to resolve your query, as an answer "Accept as solution" and close this thread. This will help other users in future with the same query.

Regards,
Sravanthi B

Hi nliyanage@90,

["error with the settings of license server"]

Can you please elaborate how the issue got resolved? What was the cause?

Thanks a lot !

Regards,
Prathik
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.

Visitor

My licence server was not set in my PC. When I fixed that this issue was resolved.

Thanks all.

Hi nliyanage@90,

Thank you so much for letting us know the cause for this issue.

Regards,
Prathik

Visitor

Hello,

I'm also facing the same issue like this. 

-------------------------------- Version Log ----------------------------------
Version Path
System Generator 2015.2 C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2015.2
Matlab 8.4.0.150421 (R2014b) C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2014b
Vivado 2015.2 C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2015.2
Summary of Errors:
XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE = C...
Block: Unspecified

Error 0001:

Reported by:
Unspecified

Details:
Sysgen license checkout failed.
XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE = C:/Xilinx/Xilinx.lic;C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2015.2/data/sysgen/hwcosim_compiler/pp_ethernet
LM_LICENSE_FILE = C:/Xilinx/Xilinx.lic
License search path: H:\.Xilinx;C:\Xilinx\Xilinx.lic;C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2015.2\data\sysgen\hwcosim_compiler\pp_ethernet;C:\Xilinx\Xilinx.lic;C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2015.2\data\ipcore_licenses

Also when i check the license manager,under the host id match column, its written as 'No' eventhough i have purchased the license. Could you help me with this?