Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Export wdb database

Hi,

I have behavioral simulation waveform of my design open in Vivado. I would like to export the value of each signal at an instant to a CSV file. The idea is to export data at multiple instants for easy comparison.

Is there any tcl command which can perform the above requirement? If not, is there any documentation of wdb file format so that we can write scripts to extract the same?

Thanks,
Sachin

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Please refer this ARs

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/64000.html

check this document as well for capturing ILA data

Please refer to page-49 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_2/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf

This has the details on how to cature and restore the data frim vivado logic analyzer. The below command can be used for capturing the ILA data.

write_hw_ila_data my_hw_ila_data_file.zip [upload_hw_ila_data hw_ila_1]

Refer to the UG mentioned above for more details.

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @sachiniisc,

Please go through page-113 of https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_3/ug900-vivado-logic-simulation.pdf and see if log_wave can help.

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

@arpansur

log_wave only adds the wave to wdb file. I want to see the list of signals and corresponding logic value (1 or 0) at an instant in text format. When the number of signals are high, waveform comparison takes enormous amount of time.

@balkris

I am not interested in ILA data. I want to export data from behavioral simulation into text format.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@sachiniisc

you may use file handling to capture waveform. You can also create VCD file .
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos