Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohamed.shfat
Observer
Observer

FFT's problems

Hello everyone 

I'm trying here to take an FFT but it looks that there is a problem at the output of the FFT core !

I'm taking an FFT with 1024 points , real time , pipelined streaming I/O , fixed point and scaled , my input is a sin wave with 200khz and the sampling freq of the XADC is about 427 ksps . The output data that i'm getting from the core is shown in the pic . i can't understand why i have many peaks there . i know that the data comes in reversed order because when i set the natural order for the core it gives me nothing just empty window with no peaks as it shown in the 2nd graph  . 

Can some one help me please to find what's wrong for my design ? 

wrong !.jpg
wrong 2.jpg
0 Kudos
3 Replies
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

please verify the core with standard signals like impulse , ramp, step and sinusoidal. This may be expected result based on your inputs
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
mohamed.shfat
Observer
Observer

My input is already a sinusoidal wave , i'm just wondering why in Bit/digit reversed order i'm getting a results , but in the natural order there is nothing ! 

0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

check core configuration . it provides both option for output ordering bit rev/natural
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos