UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to deselect XST option ISE 12.4 and synthesize

Jump to solution

Hello I want to deselect XST option in ISE 12.4 as I am getting an error about port 1 of <inst_name> is connected to GND.

Regards,

jeevanreddymandali
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to deselect XST option ISE 12.4 and synthesize

Jump to solution

Hi,

Check in RTL how the inputs and outputs of this BUFG "init_clk_ibufg_i" are connected.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you copy paste the complete error message?

Which XST option do you want to disable?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Port 1 of <inst_name> is connected to GND

>> Can be a valid error or warning, it generally arises when your deisgn has some signals/ports that have no transitions.

For example if you you declare a 7 bit counter and run it only till 32 only 5 bits will be used the rest will be always stuck to ground.

You should check if the error is valid for your design in which case you can ignore it .

Deselecting XST might not be an option to resolve it

Hope this helps

Regards,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Okay, this is the actual error. I donot know which XST option I want to deselect. While I was trying searching this error in google I got an answer suggesting me to turn off the XST and synthesize, So, I started giving it a try.

Mapping all equations...
ERROR:Xst:2033 - Port I of Input buffer Inst_aurora1/reset_logic_i/init_clk_ibufg_i is connected to GND
ERROR:Xst:2033 - Port I of Input buffer Inst_aurora2/reset_logic_i/init_clk_ibufg_i is connected to GND
ERROR:Xst:1847 - Design checking failed
Process "Synthesize - XST" failed

Regards,

jeevanreddymandali
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi

Check if you are using a BUFIO external to the core as there will be a BUFIO 

already in the core, which causes this error.

To resolve this problem, remove the BUFIO instantiation outside the core. 

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Check in RTL how the inputs and outputs of this BUFG "init_clk_ibufg_i" are connected.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

As discussed in the other thread http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Virtex-Family-FPGAs/How-to-create-a-black-box-NGC-file-by-writing-a-module-that/m-p/388163#M17973 , this issue is due to buffer in top level driving IBUFG in the core. You need to either remove the IBUFG inside the core or directly connect it to port in top level.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos