Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramya2013
Visitor
Visitor

ISE support for multicore processors

Hi,

I would really like to know if ISE 14.3 supports multicore processors. Are the algorithms used for synthesis and PAR amenable to parallel computing so that these processes can be speeded up? If so, then how significant is the speed up that can be achieved?

Currently, I am working with a 4-core processor. Will the use of a 16-core or 24-core processor remarkably speed up operations?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Multithreading is supported in map and place n route phases of implementation. Map uses up to 2 cores and par can use up to 4 processor cores. Check page-119 of
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_1/devref.pdf

Check this thread http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/map-multi-threading/td-p/178538

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher

No, even with Vivado anything beyond 4 does not help much. With ISA PAR you can ask for 4 but from actual run observation, 2 -> 4 increase doesn't help much. A standard consumer quad core 2 threads per processor setup is more than enough for any Xilinx toolset today with respect to threading.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
engr.sufyan

hi i apply clock function in my program  to calculate real time diff of my program 

function return a value in double

i want to show digits after decimal point kindly anyone one help me 

0 Kudos
engr.sufyan

How i can debug a c code in linux enviroments 

0 Kudos