UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor saramani
Visitor

Interfacing DDR2-SDRAM to Virtex-4QV FPGA

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm about to start a new project using Virtex-4QV device(XQR4VFX140).

Although I have some experience to Xilinx MIG with DDR2/DDR3 SDRAMs, I found that the MIG IP doesn't support VIRTEX-4QV device familly.

Then what could be the alternative? How can I interface a DDR2 SDRAM with this FPGA?

Nathan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor saramani
Visitor

Re: Interfacing DDR2-SDRAM to Virtex-4QV FPGA

Jump to solution

Hi, vsrunga,

Thanks for your tip.

I changed the device into normal Virtex4 and created DDR2 controller using MIG.

Then I changed the device back to XQR4V and added the source files created by MIG.

It complied OK.

I don't know this would work on real board since it not yet built, but I think there should be no problem.

Nathan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

One ways is generating the IP for any pin compatible v4 device and use it for your device.

If not you may need to build one phy on your own.

I think MIG for v4 devices is soft IP, you can use at is refernce for your own phy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Visitor saramani
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi, vsrunga,

Thanks for your tip.

I changed the device into normal Virtex4 and created DDR2 controller using MIG.

Then I changed the device back to XQR4V and added the source files created by MIG.

It complied OK.

I don't know this would work on real board since it not yet built, but I think there should be no problem.

Nathan

0 Kudos