Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

KC705 GTX IBERT with 8b10b coding

Jump to solution

I want to rebuild a gigabit-ethernet connection, with gtx-transeiver. I use a KC705 Eval.board (Kintex-7 FPGA).

The gigabit-ethernet should be coded 8b10b. Thats necessary because I need a spectrum starting at 125MHz.

I built up the IBERT example:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/kc705/2014_3/xtp200-kc705-ibert-c-2014-3.pdf

When I customize the IBERT 7 series GTX IP, I choosed the gigabit-ethernet protocol.

The project works fine, but I only can transmit prbs packets, which are not encoded 8b10b.

Is there a possibilty to add the coding to the IBERT project?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mkersche

I suggest you to use "7 series Transceivers wizard" to generate gigabit-ethernet with 8b10b encoding.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mkersche

I suggest you to use "7 series Transceivers wizard" to generate gigabit-ethernet with 8b10b encoding.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks @ for your reply!

But is it possible to get the same serialIO interface with the 7 series Transceivers wizard? I want to create eyescans, inject errors, see the bit error rate and so on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
It is not possible to add 8B10B encoding to IBERT design.

To confirm the link for 8B10B type of data, you can run the eye scan with PRBS-7 data. This is similar to 8B10B.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------