cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nheft_l3t

Need to reset a password

I need to reset a password,  My employer changed our email addresses since the last time I logged in, so the usual password reset process does not work.  Is there  Xilinx moderator in this forum who can help me?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
anatoli

Hello @nheft_l3t,

Were you able to reset your password by now?

If not, please let me know and I will contact Xilinx Web Development team and they will send you (to your new/updated email address) a direct link to get your password reset.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
nheft_l3t

unable to reset password. Username is nheft. Old email address is Neil.Heft@L-3com.com. New email address is Neil.Heft@L3T.com. I ended up having to open a new account just to post the question.
0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @nheft_l3t,

I've just checked and there no Xilinx.com profiles associated with Neil.Heft@L-3com.com nor with User ID=nheft. So, seems your old account got removed due to the below and that is the reason why you couldn't update your password, as it couldn't find any Xilinx.com profile with Neil.Heft@L-3com.com.

FYI - Please note that our system does the scan and if any user who hasn't logged in to Xilinx.com for over a year, this Xilinx.com profile gets automatically removed. This is Xilinx policy and there is nothing that can be done here else-how (unless you visit and log in to Xilinx.com at least once year). 

However, even if the profile is now deleted, please not that all of you entitlements are still there, these are not getting removed and will be stored for you permanently in our system.

To get all of your entitlements back, please create a new/fresh Xilinx.com profile with the exact User ID and email address.

If you decide to choose a new User ID for your profile (btw, as a recommendation, please don't choose to have your actual corporate email address to be your User ID, as this would then be openly visible to all Forum Users for example, when you post a new forum thread on Forums), that is OK as well, however, to get your licenses transferred to your new Xilinx.com profile from your older already removed Xilinx.com profile, you'd then need to raise an Electronic Fulfillment SR with Xilinx Customer Service team (by logging in to https://www.xilinx.com/support.html#serviceportal -> LICENSING), asking them to re-assign all of your entitlements (licenses) to your new Xilinx.com profile. They will then be able re-add these back to your new profile.

Hope the above is clear. If you need any further clarification from my side, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
nheft_l3t

I created a new account as per your recommendation.  Since you said to use the exact email address of the original account, I used nheft as a user name and Neil.Heft@L-3com.com as the email address.  The next screen indicated that an activation message would be sent to me via email.  The email address has to be changed to Neil.Heft@L3T.com in order for me to receive the activation message.

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @nheft_l3t,

I see, indeed, it wouldn't even let you to enter your new email address as it is already included/used in your new profile with user id of nheft_l3t.

Therefore there are 2 options here, you can either maintain your current new one (i.e. a profile with the User ID of nheft_l3t, as it is currently activated) and request Xilinx Customer Service to transfer all of your licenses (if any) from nheft to nheft_l3t, or i can request to manually activate your nheft profile, and update your email from Neil.Heft@L-3com.com to Neil.Heft@L3T.com, for this specific Xilinx.com profile?

Please let me know what approach you'd rather prefer in this case?

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
nheft_l3t

Please go ahead with option 2: manually activate my nheft profile and update my email address from Neil.Heft@L-3com.com to Neil.Heft@L3T.com.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @nheft_l3t,

The web development team has manually activated your profile (with user id = ‘nheft’), however they weren't able to update your email in it, as that email (Neil.Heft@L3T.com) is currently associated with your second profile (nheft_l3t).

Therefore, there are 2 options here:

1. Either you log in and update your second profile (nheft_l3t) with some other email address (i.e. your personal one), so that Neil.Heft@L3T.com won't be linked up with any other Xilinx.com profiles, or

2. We can delete your 2nd profile (nheft_l3t) altogether (with your permissions of cause) and just keep 1 activated Xilinx.com profile (with user id = ‘nheft’) for you. Then, you'd be able to update its email address from Neil.Heft@L-3com.com to Neil.Heft@L3T.com.

Please let me know what option best suits you in this case?

If you have any questions for me, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
nheft_l3t

Option 1: I changed the email address on my second (nheft_l3t) profile.

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @nheft_l3t,

Since you now recreated your 'nheft' with a new password, please log in to Xilinx and under My Profile, here please insert all of the info in the required field that are currently empty.

Here is a direct link to edit your profile: https://www.xilinx.com/myprofile/edit-profile.html 

In there, there is also an option where you can enter your new Corporate E-Mail address:

14.PNG

You should be able to changed this here yourself. Can you give this a try and let me know if you can update this as instructed above? Thanks

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos