UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor dwilens
Visitor

Simulation GUI displaying incorrect data

Jump to solution

The simulator displays underscores in the value column - this is obviously a bug.

row_in_counter counts a binary one on each clock. It appears to counts by 8 because you can see the lower 3 bits are considered to be zero and these bits are missing from the value column.

row_in_counter_test goes high only when row_in_counter is equal to 3. Somewhere inside the simulator, row_in_counter is correctly counting by one because you can see row_in_counter_test go high where the 3 should be!

Vivado Simulator 2015.3 on Windows 7

Wrong data in simulator GUI.bmp
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Simulation GUI displaying incorrect data

Jump to solution

Hi @dwilens

If your query is addressed, close the thread by marking the answer.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @dwilens,

Can you try to relaunch simulation and check:
1.png

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Visitor dwilens
Visitor

Jump to solution
I have relaunched many times.
0 Kudos
Visitor dwilens
Visitor

Jump to solution

I killed Vivado completely and resimulated; but got the same thing. You can download the entire project here:

https://mega.nz/#!NxMWlL5a!boRbeBZH602KtKzqYxc_QHV2LIszCxFmxv2U7Tw8Row

Click on download in your browser. You can see row_in_counter start to mess up at 77,827,080 nsec.

There is no mention of this obvious bug in the release notes, so I suspect Xilinx has no knowlege of it.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @dwilens

Can you share the test case?

Thanks,
Deepika.
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor dwilens
Visitor

Jump to solution
How do I share it? It is 450 MBytes and the upload limit is 20.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @dwilens

I just sent you ezmove package to upload the design.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Visitor dwilens
Visitor

Jump to solution

Sent it. Thanks for taking as look!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @dwilens

I have filed CR 948762 and addressed this issue to factory.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Visitor dwilens
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks!!

How can I keep updated? Like if they come out with a fix in a future version?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @dwilens

You can post here if you want update on the CR, we can check and let you know.

I will post here back once the CR is fixed.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @dwilens

If your query is addressed, close the thread by marking the answer.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos