cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Jtag cable drivers

Hello,

My name is Nikolas Komodromos and I am a student at the Cyprus University of Technology. I am new hardware designer and I have already design the architecture of the cryptography algorithm Sha512 for my final project. I have also complete 9 pipeline stages for this algorithm.

Last step of my project is to download the generate file(.bit file) using the impact software. My pc is recognised the fpga as a usb device but impact cannot recognised the fpga. I think the problem is that i am missing the USB Jtac drivers.

generate file.png

Until this step everything works fine. But when I am trying to boundary scan my devise via cable setup appears the next error:

warning.png

Can you please help me how to fix this? My fpga platform is a Virtex-5 xc5vlx50-ff676. My computer running on windows 8.1 operation system. Is there any solution or Jtag cable setup that can fix it?

Thanks for your time, I would be pleasure for me if you help me solved this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pulim
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

ISE and iMPACT tools are not supported on windows8 operating system. So the issue may be because of USB drivers issues on windows8.

Do you ahve  a chance to check this on a supported OS?

ISE 14.7 is supported on winodws7 OS, so you can give a try on windows7 machine.

0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

First thing to note from the post is no version of ISE Design Suite was supported with Windows 8.1. So you need to migrate to supported OS and then test the design. 

Regarding USB Cable driver installation, you can check below User Guide

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug344.pdf

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can check below ARs
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42728.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos