Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swood
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado 13.2 Zynq 7000 Embeded design with Custom block IP Implementation Error

Hi,

I am using Vivado 13.2 to implement an embeded deisgn on Zynq 7000. Here is my design flow

1) created a new project my_ip, which contains 1 ngc file and 2 Xilinx FIFOs that are generated from Xilinx Fifo Generator.

2) package my_ip, added .ngc file, and the 2 fifo.xci files in the IP File group under syntheis and implementation

3) created the top level project, add zynq7 procession system, add my_ip, auto connect

4) run synthesis. pass

5) run implementation. 2 critial warnings: could not resove non-primitive black box "fifo0"/ "fifo1"

6) Opt design failed: Blackbox "fifo0" cannot be found in the existing library.

I have searced related topics regarding this matter and think I have follow the tips of adding the .xci files when packaging IP. Please let me know if I missed any other steps.

Thanks!

Best,

Shinya

0 Kudos
1 Reply
siktap
Scholar
Scholar

Hi Shinya

This issue is commonly seen in an IPI design.

It is caused by either of the following settings in the project being packaged as an IP:

• Out-Of-Context.
      Ensure that there is no Out-Of-Context IP in the project before you package it.
  • Attributes Box Type in the RTL code.
    Box Type settings will prevent Vivado from synthesizing the module in a packaged IP as the top level design will consider it as a black box.
    As a result implementation will likely fail with a blackbox error or attached logic will be trimmed due to the missing component.

Also, please check if you are following this process.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/60975.html

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos