Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jindra.brablik
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado 2015.4 hardware manager arm_dap_0 status N/A

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to run the basic "Hello world" program in SDK, but I constantly recieve error: 

SDK.png

In vivado hardware manager I see connected 2 devices, but the arm_dap_0 device has N/A status while the xc7z010_1 has status either programmed or not programmed.

HW.png

I have Redpitaya board and I am using JTAG-HS3 programming cable from digilent. All the signal pins are connected (TMS,TCK,TDI,TDO) except for the SRST signal, because there is no pin for it on redpitaya board. 

Could someone please tell me where could be the problem and is the status N/A for amr_dap_0 device ok?

Thank you for the answers.

Best regards.

Jindra.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sampatd
Scholar
Scholar

AP transaction error” occurs when the debugger has injected a memory access instruction, but there’s an error response from the core. This means that the memory is not accessible, most likely due to a hw issue. This error can also occur when the slave generates an error response when you attempt to read a write-only reg, etc.

Can you try using the xsdb console instead of xmd to issue the connect arm hw command?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
vijayak
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @jindra.brablik

Did you try reducing the JTAG speed?

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
jindra.brablik
Visitor
Visitor

Hello vijayak,

thank you for your answer. I have tried all available frequencies from 30 MHz down to 125 kHz, but nothing has changed. Could you please tell me what could be the source of my problem and what I should concentrate on to solve this problem. Is the SRST signal necessary to program the ZYNQ or is it posible to program it without this signal?

Jindra.

0 Kudos
smarell
Community Manager
Community Manager
Did you set JTAG to cascade mode? Check the board schematics and make sure that MIO[2] is set to 0.

In XMD console, type "connect arm hw" and see if you are able to detect the ARM processor.

Did you initialize PS with ps7_init scripts?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
jindra.brablik
Visitor
Visitor

Helo Smarell

I wrote command  "connect arm hw" to the XMD console and I got this result:

JTAG chain configuration
--------------------------------------------------
Device ID Code IR Length Part Name
1 4ba00477 4 arm_dap
2 13722093 6 xc7z010

Enabling extended memory access checks for Zynq.
Writes to reserved memory are not permitted and reads return 0.
To disable this feature, run "debugconfig -memory_access_check disable".

CortexA9 Processor Configuration
-------------------------------------
Version.............................0x00000003
User ID.............................0x00000000
No of PC Breakpoints................6
No of Addr/Data Watchpoints.........4

Connected to "arm" target. id = 64
Starting GDB server for "arm" target (id = 64) at TCP port no 1234

I tried to change the JTAG cable settings, but I dont know where to do it. There is not a item JTAG configuration in Xilinx Tools in SDK.

Ps7_init script is part of the run configuration. The initializition file is set to ps7_init.tcl. 

Can I run the initializition of PS before the I run the application. If so, than how can I do this.

I am new to all this so maybe my questions are stupid :-D.

Thank you for your aswers and patience.

Jindra.

0 Kudos
jindra.brablik
Visitor
Visitor

I made some progress. Now I see the JTAG cable in SDK. I thought it will finaly work but new error emerges:

SDK2.png

Could anyone tell me what is the problem now?

Thank you.

Jindra.

0 Kudos
sampatd
Scholar
Scholar

AP transaction error” occurs when the debugger has injected a memory access instruction, but there’s an error response from the core. This means that the memory is not accessible, most likely due to a hw issue. This error can also occur when the slave generates an error response when you attempt to read a write-only reg, etc.

Can you try using the xsdb console instead of xmd to issue the connect arm hw command?

View solution in original post

jindra.brablik
Visitor
Visitor

Hello sampatd,

I have solved the issue and it was purely my mistake. In vivado I made some configurations of prrocessing system not compatible with my board.

Thank you for your replies and efforts.

Jindra.

0 Kudos