Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sachiniisc
Observer
Observer

Vivado save waveform

Jump to solution

The waveform created by behavioral simulation has to be saved as jpeg/bmp or some image formats.

How to achieve this? It would be nice if there is an equivalent tcl script for the same

Snapshots taken by other applications are not clear enough

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher
Alas I don't think vivado can save the waveform as a vector file which can be zoomed etc. Have you tried printing to a PDF file (assuming printing is supported, never tried it myself).
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
yashp

Hi Sachin,

Please refer below two AR's.

How to save waveform: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/64000.html

How to view previous saved waveform: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/60365.html 

Thanks,
Yash

0 Kudos
saradapr
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @sachiniisc,

To save a wave configuration to a WCFG file, select File > Save Waveform Configuration As, and type a name for the waveform configuration.

You can also use the following Tcl command:

save_wave_config <waveform_name>

Thanks,

Sarada

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
sachiniisc
Observer
Observer

@saradapr @yashp

I am not interested in saving the database. I just want to save the waveform as an image.

Monitor snapshots are not clear enough.

Thanks,
Sachin

0 Kudos
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher
Alas I don't think vivado can save the waveform as a vector file which can be zoomed etc. Have you tried printing to a PDF file (assuming printing is supported, never tried it myself).
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
athandr
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
There isn't any TCL command to take a screenshot. I would assume the sniping solutions available around should help cut the image exactly as how it look to your eye. Since there is already a TCL command to save the waveform, I would doubt if there would be a new image saving TCL command added.
Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
yashp
Hi Sachin,

There is no option as Muzaffer said to save directly waveform as *.jpeg or any other format other than two mentioned in the AR's.

Thanks,
Yash
0 Kudos