UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant abderrahim29
Participant

Zynq Write to DDR from PL

Hello,

i'm trying to write data from a Custom-IP in the PL section of the Zynq to the DDR without using the ARM. The ARM should just give a "start command" but the main work should be done by the PL. After this the ARM should read the written data out of the DDR to control it.

I have already read the CTT-Guide, especially chapter 6 (http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_2/ug873-zynq-ctt.pdf). But in my point of view the main work / functionality is done by the ARM and is included in the c-code that appears in SDK.

And there is my problem. I don't want to use the ARM for this task and i'm sure that it is possible.

Therefore i created a Custom-IP with 1 AXI slave lite interface to get the "start command" from the processor and 1 AXI master interface that should write the data to the ddr. The slave port of my Custom-IP is connected to the M_AXI_GP0 port of the zynq through an AXI interconnect. The master port is connected to the S_AXI_HP0 port through another AXI interconnect.

I still integrated a VHDL-file to my Custom-IP that responds to the "start command" and generates some test data. But i really don't know how to write these data to the DDR now. I know the adress range from the DDR which correspond with the adress range of the S_AXI_HP0 port. Should i use the CDMA to connect my Custom-IP to the S_AXI_HP0 port instead of the AXI interconnect? It is essential for me to realize the data transfer in VHDL.

I hope that there is anybody who can help me. I'm looking for a solution since the beginning of this week and i have read so many files and scripts but i didn't find a solution until now.

Regards Abderrahim

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: Zynq Write to DDR from PL

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Zynq Write to DDR from PL

Hi, @abderrahim29

Did you find a solution for your problem?

I am trying to do a memory transfer that trasfers the memory content of DDR from one location to another, using PL.

From the Zynq IP block diagram, I understand that DDR controller is connected to AXI high speed ports of PL. I am not clear about how the connected AXI HP port to be driven in order to make the DDR transactions?

Can we do it using any IP , but PL only to do that, not PS.

Else, if I have to write custom RTL code to drive that AXI HP port, how to drive it? please help with any available documents/ suggestion.

Thanks,

Aj.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos