UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor sushma7
Visitor

adc spartan 3e

i have problem regarding adc of spartan 3e. simulation works well but when i load it into the board. it didnt work. i have used switch 0 to start the conversion. after switch 0 is turned on different values of adc bits appear on leds but after some time they all became high. this process is same regardless of the adc input, even when their is no input same process repeats on leds. i am dubugging it for 3 days but i am unable to find out the problem. please have a look on it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: adc spartan 3e

s,

One post is sufficient.  Have you de-bounced the push-button?  If not, the pushbutton action will 'bounce' many times, on and off, so your start signal is probably violating all kinds of timing and operation constraints.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Visitor sushma7
Visitor

Thanx for your reply. I am new to forum so.
No i did not debounce that. even when i do not use reset button the output is same. Simulation is working but even when i removed the start switch n make fsm run smoothly the output is same. Initially led blinks and after some time they are all high irrespective of input.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

hi
i see in this page https://www.facebook.com/FpgaAndVhdl
an optimized VHDL and its take only 1% from FPGA chip.
that make ADC of spartan 3E work
the code simple
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am tired of the traditions of peoples --
All I want is to live freely with the girl which I love --
But this is impossible because the traditions of the people stronger than me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags (1)
0 Kudos