UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Matters, inrevium America, and Tokyo Electron Device team up on agile FPGA platform for fast design of advanced 4K/8K video systems

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
0 0 41.9K

Image Matters, inrevium America, and Tokyo Electron Device have announced a collaboration to provide an easy access to a variety of technologies for large-production 4K/8K video systems as well as for small-volume video projects. The first resulting product is the Origami B20 module, which is based on a Xilinx Kintex UltraScale KU060 FPGA.

Image Matters Origami B20 Module.jpg

Origami B20 FPGA module

This FPGA-based module is making its debut next week at the NAB Show in Las Vegas. The Origami B20 open architecture together with high-level synthesis allows designers to create custom 4K/8K video systems by adding differentiating “secret sauce” to commodity features including 12G-SDI I/O and HEVC, JPEG 2000, and TICO video compression by integrating these pre-validated compression and I/O cores from leading IP vendors. The Xilinx Kintex UltraScale KU060 FPGA has 32 bulletproof 16.3Gbps SerDes ports, so it can easily handle the 12G-SDI and 10G Ethernet I/O.

According to the announcement, one Origami B20 module can acquire and process 8K60p uncompressed video over four 12G-SDI links and output TICO-compressed video over one 12G-SDI or a 10G Ethernet link. More modules add processing capability to handle higher-bandwidth video such as 8K120p using more demanding codes such as HEVC and JPEG2000.