UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

VC707 FMC pin mapping Error in user manual

Accepted Solution Solved
Participant
Accepted Solution

VC707 FMC pin mapping Error in user manual

Hello everyone,

I am mapping the pins FMC 2 HPC of VC707 evaluation board in xdc file. According to the board user manual (v 1.7.1), the F32 and E30 pins of FMC2 are both connected to AT20 pin of U1 FPGA.

I think there has been a typo. I tried to find a new version of the document but could not find it.

Can you please help me with the correct mapping of those pins?

Thanks and Regards,

Abhijith 

Accepted Solutions

Re: VC707 FMC pin mapping Error in user manual

@abhijithcd

Does that mean the particular HPC pins are not connected to FPGA at all? 

HBxx pins on FMC2 connector are open. HBxx pins on FMC1 connector are connected to FPGA. 

As in my FMC card has some data pins which were previously connected to FPGA through the HBxx pins on the FPGA. Where would it be connected to FPGA if I move the same card from FMC1 to FMC2 port? 

If you move to FMC2, they will be No connect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies

@abhijithcd From User Guide v1.7.1 Page#59 :

The VC707 board FMC2 HPC connector J37 implements a subset of the maximum signal and clock connectivity capabilities:
• 58 differential user-defined pairs (as shipped with the Virtex-7 XC7VX485T-2FFG1761C FPGA installed on the VC707 board, the FMC2 HB00-HB21 bus connections are not supported.

Refer to this AR: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/50804.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Participant

@gnarahar

Thank you for the info.

Does that mean the particular HPC pins are not connected to FPGA at all? As in my FMC card has some data pins which were previously connected to FPGA through the HBxx pins on the FPGA. Where would it be connected to FPGA if I move the same card from FMC1 to FMC2 port?

Thanks and regards,

Abhijith

@abhijithcd

Does that mean the particular HPC pins are not connected to FPGA at all? 

HBxx pins on FMC2 connector are open. HBxx pins on FMC1 connector are connected to FPGA. 

As in my FMC card has some data pins which were previously connected to FPGA through the HBxx pins on the FPGA. Where would it be connected to FPGA if I move the same card from FMC1 to FMC2 port? 

If you move to FMC2, they will be No connect

[ Edited ]

Abhijithcd,

Just adding to Gnarahar here. A lot of the FMC pins are connected to the actual FPGA package on the board but that does not mean there is a full connection to the die from the package. In this particular case, These FMC pins are not connected to the FPGA die at all so they are useless. I do agree with you, however, the actual pin table in the user guide for the J37 FMC HPC pin F31 and F32 that the proper connections are not what is listed in the table as AV19 and AT20 but rather AU19 and AV19. You can download the actual board PCB BRD file and follow the nets and see where they end up. You can download the board files from our website.

@gnarahar Can you file a CR on this? Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted

@tenzinc Done. CR-988147 filed.