UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie illwill

AC701 PCI issue?

I have a dev board I recieved  recently, im testing inside a desktop PC on win10, I have the 6pin to 4 pin molex for power on the board with the power switched on, the board lights up but the board doesnt seem to be recognized by the operating system in device manager after booting into the opeating system. any steps I might need to try or be overlooking?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: AC701 PCI issue?

@illwill I haven't used the AC701, but I think you need to put a PCIe design on the chip before it'll talk to the PC. The AC701 Targeted Reference Design looks like a good candidate.

Newbie illwill

Do you have a link for the reference one?

0 Kudos
Visitor ray-chan
Visitor

you can get it from here (the second item from the top) https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/ek-a7-ac701-g.html#documentation
Newbie illwill

currently dont have a test pc to use anymore so using original pci adapters to connect to mini pci-e inside laptop that i was usuing originally, these worked to read data originally but dont work anymore, ended up buying new adapters just in case they were a failure point but still not able to talk to the pci-e, thining maybe an issue on the board itself. but have no idea how to test if theres any life in the connection because im using code form someone elses project

0 Kudos
Visitor ray-chan
Visitor

AC701 does not take power from the PCIe slot. If you are using a laptop to host the AC701, you will need to find an external power source for the six pin power connector. Once powered, check the leds for voltages and heart beat if the code drives a led for heart beat.

The best way to test the board is to follow the AC701 Targeted Reference Design User Guide https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ac701/2015_1/ug964-ac701-trd-ug.pdf and see you get the same outputs.

0 Kudos