cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gundanfans
Visitor
Visitor

About UART and SDK Error on ZCU 102

I have a ZCU102 evaluation board and my Vivado version is 2018.2. When I followed the example <Running the Hello World Application from Arm Cortex-A53> on UG1209 to experiment, I encountered some problems.

First, there has never been anything in the UART Terminal, and it is often not connected. The SDK will also often lose response due to trying to connect to the UART.

Second, Launch on Hardware (System Debugger) often reports an error and occasionally downloads the program successfully.

The program loaded successfully, but Terminal did not receive any information.The program loaded successfully, but Terminal did not receive any information.

One of the most common errorOne of the most common error

Another one of the most common errorsAnother one of the most common errors

I would appreciate any help for my case.

Thanks you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
panantra
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @gundanfans  :

I guess you should check your teminal settings once, as you are getting this message,"The program loaded successfully, but Terminal did not receive any information".

Verify the port details in the device manager.  UG 1209 (https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug1209-embedded-design-tutorial.pdf) page no. 32 talks about it. 

Check the baud rate once.

The standard configuration for the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC Processing System is: 
terminal settings.PNG

Thanks,

Priyanka

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your issue get resolved with this post, you can mark it as accepted solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

andresb
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi gundanfans,

Is this working now? I noticed the baudrate was set up to 19200 instead of 115200...

Thanks,
Andres

0 Kudos