UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie staylor105

Develoment board choice

I have been away from fpga design and development for several years. I used to desgn complete fpga based embedded products. The last one used a Virtex4 when they were brand new. Things have changed dramatically since then so in some ways my knowledge is obsolete.

I would like an off the shelf  development board that has a connector I can use for my own interface. The board needs to to have a simple USB interface for host communiction. USB to serial bridges are preferred. I would like to use the USB interface to read and write registers in the fpga fabric.

Many low cost boards (under $1k and even $500) appear to have that ability but talking to collegues, some are very complex to learn to use and take a long time before I would be able to start a custom interface. I would like something where I can get started with my own design within a few hours. Suggestions welcome.

Thank you.

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Develoment board choice

Hi Scott,

Some of the Virtex-4 evaluation boards are still available in the market. Having said that there are many latest boards are also available.

You can refer to http://www.xilinx.com/support/index.html/content/xilinx/en/supportNav/boards_and_kits.html for details on various boards.

Your requirement sounds basic and all the boards V-4 or latest can be used. Please choose a board based on the other requirements.

I would recommend you to contact your local sales office to get more valuable inputs.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.