UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor atatt2020
Visitor

Digilent PmodMIC with spartan 3E

Hello to all

I have a spartan 3E starter kit, and i need to input an audio signal to my project in FPGA, so i will buy the pmod mic

http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavTop=2&NavSub=517&Prod=PMOD-MIC  provided by DIGILENT.

my demand is there any document ar anything that provide information like:

what is the frequency range of the recorded audio

what is representation of the output (is it signed), also is it integer or fruction represented in fixed point (where is the binary point).

any information about that?

THANKS.

at

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Historian
Historian

Re: Digilent PmodMIC with spartan 3E

atatt2020 wrote:

Hello to all

I have a spartan 3E starter kit, and i need to input an audio signal to my project in FPGA, so i will buy the pmod mic

http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavTop=2&NavSub=517&Prod=PMOD-MIC  provided by DIGILENT.

my demand is there any document ar anything that provide information like:

what is the frequency range of the recorded audio

what is representation of the output (is it signed), also is it integer or fruction represented in fixed point (where is the binary point).

any information about that?

THANKS.

at

Please don't demand anything. Ask nicely ;)

The page to which you linked tells you exactly what ADC is on the board, and from that part's DATA SHEET you can determine the output data format.

As for frequency response, ask Digilent for a data sheet for the particular microphone they chose.

-a

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Newbie phobik

I'm trying to interface the PmodMic, which has a custom IP provided by Digilent, and from my understanding I need to import this IP and create 3 logic signals and make them available as external ports of 1 bit each and map them to the correct pins in the FPGA indicated in the board reference manual.

I've tried to follow this tutorial here http://www.fpgadeveloper.com/2008/10/integrating-vhdl-design-into-peripheral.html but am having trouble in maping these control signals to the PmodModMic. If someone can provide some help it will be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

Two suggestions:

1.  Start a new thread.  It is considered bad manners to insert a new topic or problem to an existing thread, which greatly confuses the discussion record.

2.  Have you contacted the good people at Digilent for guidance and support?  It would be helpful to you and to them if you would be as specific as possible in your question or problem description.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos