Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Ethernet on Nexys3 board

Hello,

I can not get Nexys3 to function its integrated Ethernet Phy in any mode. I tried RMII mode (RXD2/RMIISEL kept high with a pullup resistor using the .ucf file  with '<NET> ....... | Pullup') with settings as in datasheet but nothing to indicate if the Ethernet Phy is active. I have a router (DHCP) and it does not detect the board.

The nRST is kept high by logic. I also added a switch input to reset it manually.

The Tx and Rx LEDS are not functionning on the RJ-45 connector.

The PhyClk25Mhz output has no signal (converted by logic and sent on to a LED).

The PhyTxClk has no signal (connected to the 25MHz crystal on board).

The bank 0 power jumper is set to 3.3 V.

Some configuration signals are kept low or hight by default by pull up/down resistors. To change the default configuration would another pullup/pulldown resistor in .ucf file be enough or must tie signal to Vcc or GND ?

What is missing ?

Thanks

AC

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

Is there a simple way to verify that the Phy is functional ? According to the data sheet the Digilent board has a 25 MHz crystal X3 at the input CLKIN of the Phy chip LAN8710Ai. The same clock pin is connected to an IO pin N4 of the FPGA. I used this pin as input and divided its frequency and displayed it on a LED (shows nothing). Could it be a faulty crystal X3 ?

Any help ?

AC

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

I know it has been almost three years. But Did anyone got the solution for this? I am also stuck exactly at this point.

Thanks

Goutham

0 Kudos