Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
airturk
Explorer
Explorer

Exclusive PHY Access to the ARM Processor on ZC702 Development board

Jump to solution

Dear Members;

It is my understanding that PHY is exclusively connected to ARM processor on ZC702. if yes, Why? 

Is there a way to mux this access so we can have custom logic (PL) connecting to it instead of the ARM?

Regards,  

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mcgett
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

> if yes, Why?

Because, the ZC702 is for evaluation of the Zynq-7000 with the ARM processor and the most likely use of ethernet would be using the integrated ethernet controller include the ARM processor system.

>Is there a way to mux this access

No.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mcgett
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

> if yes, Why?

Because, the ZC702 is for evaluation of the Zynq-7000 with the ARM processor and the most likely use of ethernet would be using the integrated ethernet controller include the ARM processor system.

>Is there a way to mux this access

No.

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
airturk
Explorer
Explorer

If you don't mind me asking, what is the plan for the upcoming development boards?

0 Kudos
kyuchoe

Hi,

I have the same issue. Our firmware uses the ethernet interface to communicate the FPGA. I would like to keep our design as much as possible. Is there any other efficient ways to program our custom logic to the PL through the ethernet interface?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
clp510
Adventurer
Adventurer
I think you can use a FMC card which contain a PHY.
0 Kudos