UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor bencella
Visitor

HW-KC705 / ADC12J1600

Jump to solution

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

I am currently trying to used the HW-KC705 combined with the ADC12J1600.

My Goal is simply to write a program in the FPGA that will read the ADC and treat the sgnal.

The Problem I have is I don't find any document or user guide that could help me doing this.

Either user guide are focused on the KC705 or on the ADC but nothing about reading the ADC with th KC705.

Could you please bring spport to my poblem ?

Thank you

Benjamin

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: HW-KC705 / ADC12J1600

Jump to solution

@bencella Thanks. Seems like the TSW14J10 is an Interposer card designed for FPGA eval boards. So you will need to use it as per TI. 

Regarding other issues, I am afraid you will need to check with TI. They seem to have tested the TSW14J10 on KC705 (TSW14J10 User guide shows pic) and so they will be in a better position to help you. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Jump to solution

@bencella Here you go https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp524-serial-lvds-adc-interface.pdf

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor bencella
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

would you also have a tutorial or aditional documents for the configuration of vivado for this case ?

I'm not familiar with FPGA programming using vivado and this board, so that would be very helpfull.

Thank you

Benjamin

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@bencella No, what we have in the XAPP is what  is there. I would suggest you go through the various Video tutorials we have to understand usage of Vivado

https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado.html#video

- Giri
0 Kudos
Visitor bencella
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello,

thank you for the link.

Actually I have already followed These videos and other tutorials on you tube.

I already succeeded to do a HelloWorld program using the UART.

However, what I am trying to reach here is to read the values from my ADC board (ADC12J1600).

I didn't find tutorials about that and it is quite different from using UART.

I do not have any clue on where to start.

Could you help me or redirect me to someone who could ?

Thank you

Benjamin

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@bencella Ok. Then I guess your best bet is to take a look at Analog Devices ADC cards that they have reference design for KC705

https://wiki.analog.com/resources/fpga/xilinx/fmc/ad7960

https://wiki.analog.com/resources/fpga/xilinx/interposer/ad9671

https://wiki.analog.com/resources/fpga/xilinx/fmc/ad9739a

https://wiki.analog.com/resources/fpga/xilinx/fmc/ad9467

Go through the reference deign to get you started on how to implement reading values from ADC. Of course yours is TI, but the concepts remain the same. Once you understand the implementation, you should be able to build one for ADC12J1600 device you have. I am not sure if TI has a reference design 

- Giri
0 Kudos
Visitor bencella
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello,

thank you for the links.

I tried what is proposed but face some problems.

First of all, when I bought the ADC, TI told me to use an Adapter between the FPGA and the ADC (the red board on the Picture).

Now, when I put the Adapter board, I am able to program the FPGA but when I don't and connect directly the ADC to the FPGA, the Software fails to program.

Once programed (with the adapter), I go on in the procedure and I Launch the data_capture.bat, but here I get an error: see attached

I am now a bit stuck. And I am still not surre if I should use the adapter board or not in this case.

Regards

Benjamin

error.JPG
20171123_142840.jpg
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@bencella Can you share the Adapter and ADC board Part# and links? 

I am not sure what these do (adapter) and why programming of FPGA fails if adapter isn't present. Unless it is breaking the JTAG chain.  

Once programed (with the adapter), I go on in the procedure and I Launch the data_capture.bat, but here I get an error: see attached

I am now a bit stuck. And I am still not surre if I should use the adapter board or not in this case.

This is something you should ask TI I believe as it is their program (data_capture.bat)  

- Giri
0 Kudos
Visitor bencella
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello,

here are the part numbers:

ADC: ADC12J1600EVM-CB

Adapter: TSW14J10

Regards

Benjamin

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@bencella Thanks. Seems like the TSW14J10 is an Interposer card designed for FPGA eval boards. So you will need to use it as per TI. 

Regarding other issues, I am afraid you will need to check with TI. They seem to have tested the TSW14J10 on KC705 (TSW14J10 User guide shows pic) and so they will be in a better position to help you. 

- Giri

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Have you had luck implementing this? I'm on the fence on buying this exact eval and ADC boards.

0 Kudos
Visitor bencella
Visitor

Jump to solution

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

I am currently using the Xilinx Kintex HW-KC705 board.

The license has been instaled on one computer of our company, however it happened that we finally need it on another computer.

Which solutions do we have to transfer the license from one computer to the other ?

Thank you

Kind regards

B.Cella

0 Kudos