UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JTAG daisy chain and standalone operation for a daughter board.

hello all,

i want to be able to interface a daughter board in both daisy chain(on the motherboard) and stand alone operation(one at a time) wrt JTAG.

meaning.......when i select the mode.....the daughter board should be a part of the daisy chain....and when not, it can be pulled out and can be used individually,with it's own JTAG connector.

one solution i have come up with is using a 2:1 MUX at the input TDIand one at the output TDO of the DAUGHTER board.

2:1 mux at TDI-- it can accept input from its own JTAG connector or from the previous TDO in the chain

1:2 mux at TDO-- where it can go back to the TDO of its own JTAG or the TDI of the next board in the daisy chain

but this is too specific.....i need a general solution.......for example if i just pick up any randon board and want to make it part of my chain.....what provisions will i have to make on my motherboard ?? is this even possible ??

any better solutions for this problem??

regards,

rohit

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: JTAG daisy chain and standalone operation for a daughter board.

Rohit,

It's possible but there are some issues to be aware of with JTAG bridges/muxes in general.

Please make sure to take a look at this Answer Record: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/16832.htm
-------------------------------------------
this space intentionally left blank
0 Kudos