cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

KC705 Power Issue ( Only 12V LED lights up)

I have a KC705 development board. I have been experiencing some issues with it regarding power. I notice only 12 V LEDs (DS22) light up and the rest of them don't. I found solutions that recommend reprogramming the power controller and I haven't done so yet. I wanted to know if you have any other recommendations or recourse and If someone had tried reprogramming the board and it actually worked. 

I am deciding to order the TI USB to GPIO adapter and wanted some advice. Has reprogramming the power controllers been helpful in such a situation for anyone. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: KC705 Power Issue ( Only 12V LED lights up)

Hi @anaamansari ,

Please check this KC705 debug Checklist  and verify step1 is fine. If step1 is fine and still power issue exist. Then please proceed for power reprogramming. After reprogramming issue, will be resolved.

Even after power reprogramming if power issue still exists, you can return the board to Xilinx by filing a RMA Case, if your board is under warranty. For more information in warranty refer this AR#45432 .

If your board is not under warranty, please contact :

Whizz Systems are our contract manufacturer and official Xilinx Design Partner.

They are best placed to repair Xilinx Development Systems Products (Boards and Kits) at the cost of the customer.
Please  use the following Whizz Systems contact:

Hope this helps!!!

Regards,
Deepak D N
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

By step 1 do you mean 

1. Switch / Jumper Settings (a to g). Can you be more specific? Shouldn't I also follow the board power section? The document has many subsections. Can you please point me in a specific direction. 

Anaam.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @anaamansari ,

Yes, I asked you to verify Default Jumper and switch settings. After verifying, if everything is fine, then please proceed for Power reprogramming.

Regards,
Deepak D N
Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I'll try to do what you suggested and keep you posted.

Anaam.
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I ordered the USB to GPIO device and when I try to download the xml script KC705_RevE_TI_Addr52_53_54_R0.xml on the device It says that no PMBus device is connected. Is there an issue with the firmware etc or something else. I am currently using firmware version 1.0.14

I have attached the log. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I figured out how to connect the PMBus however, I can't seem to find U55 which is as address 52. I am attaching the log here. I am able to reset 2 out of 3 controllers however they did not get validated and hence "manufacturing failed". Is one of the power controllers busted?

0 Kudos