Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

KCU - adjust the Vadj with the MAXIM MAX15301

Jump to solution

Hello,

On the KCU105, I'm using the banks 47 and  48 to connect the FPGA to our board through the FMC connector.

Our board is supplied by 1.2V, so I need to use LVCMOS12 and DIFF_SSTL12 in these banks.

Unfortunately, the VCCO of these banks is 1.8V by default.

I've succeeded to adjust Vadj by using the System Controller but this is not persistent. After each power-on, I have to do this.

Could you let me know if it's possible to program the MAX15301 through the I2C bus to adjust the power to 1.2V, please ?

I set U80 to channel 0 : 0x75=0x4

I've tried to read U30 (0x12) through the I2C bus but I've got a I2C error.

I don't have a MAXIM dongle but I have a I2C block implemented in the FPGA logic.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Florence

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @flob ,

You can change the VADJ Voltage by changing VADJ regulator(0x12) VOUT_COMMAND value to 1.2V in .XML file and then reprogram the Regulators. For more information on .XML File and reprogramming steps refer this AR#65218 . 

Hope this helps.

Note : Above method is not tested by Xilinx, and it is just a suggestion for your query. You need to try out at your own risk and it will void your board warranty.

Regards,

Deepak D N

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Deepak D N
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @flob ,

You can change the VADJ Voltage by changing VADJ regulator(0x12) VOUT_COMMAND value to 1.2V in .XML file and then reprogram the Regulators. For more information on .XML File and reprogramming steps refer this AR#65218 . 

Hope this helps.

Note : Above method is not tested by Xilinx, and it is just a suggestion for your query. You need to try out at your own risk and it will void your board warranty.

Regards,

Deepak D N

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Deepak D N

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for your answer.

As I have said, we don't have the MAXIM dongle. Is it possible to program this device through an I2C bus ?

But you have also written that it will void the board warranty... So, this is a not supported request. We are not allowed to change the VCCO of the FPGA banks...

Regards,

Florence

0 Kudos