cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jahnavijanu.y
Contributor
Contributor

I am new to fpga and recently I have to work on kintex-7 kc705 but i  am not understanding, how to dump the program into the device.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Jahnavi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ddn

Hi @jahnavijanu.y ,

Please see the below image, for supported Cables in Vivado hardware manger:

Cable.PNGYou can use any of the above Cables and then Connect your board to your PC using this cable. And then open Vivado Hardware manager/ISE (impact), and then you can follow the documents i have given you in previous post of mine, regarding how to program the FPGA.

I hope you know, you need BIT file to program the FPGA through JTAG Cable or any cable listed above. To know more information on how to generate BIT file refer 21 of UG908(v 2019.2).

Regards,

Deepak D N

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, if it helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Deepak D N
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ddn

Hi @jahnavijanu.y ,

If you are using Vivado refer UG908 , Chapter 4 for Programming the FPGA and refer chapter 6 for programming Flash on the board.

If you are using ISE then refer page 136 and 137 of UG695 .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak D N

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Deepak D N
0 Kudos
jahnavijanu.y
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

But my doubt is how to connect the host PC to the kc705 board.By using which JTAG can we dump the program? And is there any settings to change or by default it is able to dump the program?

Regards

Jahnavi

0 Kudos
ddn

Hi @jahnavijanu.y ,

Please see the below image, for supported Cables in Vivado hardware manger:

Cable.PNGYou can use any of the above Cables and then Connect your board to your PC using this cable. And then open Vivado Hardware manager/ISE (impact), and then you can follow the documents i have given you in previous post of mine, regarding how to program the FPGA.

I hope you know, you need BIT file to program the FPGA through JTAG Cable or any cable listed above. To know more information on how to generate BIT file refer 21 of UG908(v 2019.2).

Regards,

Deepak D N

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Deepak D N

View solution in original post