Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmad_seyfi
Visitor
Visitor

ML403 / read user data from platform flash

Hi all

I read a document form xilinx titled "MicroBlaze Platform Flash/PROM Boot Loader and User Data Storage" that shows how to read user data from platform falsh. Is it possible to load user data to ML403's platfrom flash?

How can i mix my data with FPGA .bit file?

Thank You

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mcgovern
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

You can append user data to your bit file but not "mix" it. The bit file should stay intact without changes and the User Data can be put in the free space above the bit file in the flash address space. This app note will help -

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp694.pdf

0 Kudos
ahmad_seyfi
Visitor
Visitor

First of all, thank you for your good answer. your answer covers my second qusetion. but, how about the first one? I want to know is it possible especially for "ML403" to load user data to platform flash?

0 Kudos
gregmeredith
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

0 Kudos
mcgovern
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This should work on teh ML403, i have not tried it on that board but it should work without issue.

0 Kudos
ahmad_seyfi
Visitor
Visitor

Thank all of you for your answers

I read the document.one of proposed schematics for loading data from platform flash is as fllows

platform_flash.JPG

An I/O pin is needed to clock the platform flash and read data from it. I reviewed the ML403 schematics pdf file,

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ml401_2_3_schematics.pdf

but didn't find such an IO pin.

How can I become sure about possibility of loading data from platform flash on ML403?

0 Kudos
mcgovern
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The User IO is only a requirement if the FPGA is in Master mode. If you set the configuration mode to slave where the PROM connnects the clock then teh CCLK can be supplied from the FPGA logis using the startup primitive -

0 Kudos
tibacou
Explorer
Explorer

Hey

I search a kind of programm my spartan 6 I have a file bitsream and application in c language I want programme the  spartan 6 's flash. Idon't know hpw I can do with the tools of Xilinx of 14.4 or 14.2. I want load the files .bit and .elf and the system is standalon. When the supply cut the system can lauch the .bit and .elfDo you can help me ?  
Best Regards. 
0 Kudos