UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor ricccec
Visitor

ML605 - AD/DA for Time Division Reflectometry

Hi,

I need to implement a TDR (Time Division Reflectometer) for cable fault detection using the ML605.

My sistem should provide:

* High speed ADC > 1Gsps

* High speed DAC > 1Gsps

* Countinuous acquisition for at least 10 us @ 1Gsps (which is enough to test a 900 m cable with 60% velocity factor)

* Data buffered during acquisition and sent to a host PC for DSPing once acquisiton is completed.

The FMC160 AD/DA seem to provide enough time accuracy and is compatible with the ML605. Are there any reference designs I could start with? Any idea if the DDR3 is suitable to work as a temporary buffer between ADC and PC? Is it possible to use the USB2UART instead of PCI to trasfer all that mass of data?

Every suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ML605 - AD/DA for Time Division Reflectometry

I did not find any example reference design in Xilinx web site for TDR (Time Division Reflectometer) for cable fault detection using the ML605

The below ML605 board link shows the all Xilinx provided example reference designs

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/ml605/reference_designs.htm 

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Visitor ricccec
Visitor

Thank you Umamahe.

Bui what is happening with Xilinx website? Most of the page I used to visit are no longer available...

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The Xilinx boards web site  changed recently. Please open the below link

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/ek-v6-ml605-g.html#documentation  

Then check the required field boxes like example designs, Reference designs etc. 

Image_1.png

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos