UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ML605 - LCD User Manual

Hi,

I am working on Ml605 (Virtex-6 LX240T) evaluation kit and I want to program(in Verilog) the LCD on it. I am unable to find the details of the LCD functioning. 

Can anyone help me with the manual for the LCD of this board.

Regards

Raju

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ML605 - LCD User Manual

The ML605 Hardware User Guide includes information on the LCD manufacturer and partnumber.  I'm sure that if take this information and plug it into Google a user manual can be found.
------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Observer harid
Observer

Not sure what you are looking for.

The manual for Display Tech's LCD (162D) is here: http://www.displaytech.com.hk/upload/product/attachment/984-162d%20series-v30.pdf

but this may not help you program it.

The user guide for the board is here: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ug534.pdf

You can search the Xilinx Forums for Verilog, LCD, and code - there are some nice folks who have shared their working code for other boards.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/
0 Kudos
Visitor zkh83
Visitor

Hi,

I'm new to this so please pardon me. I'm using EDK 12.1.

I followed the ML605 Built-In Self Test Flash Application (rdf0017.zip) reference design's hello_lcd code but am not experiencing success. This is what I did:

After creating a new project and using Base System Builde (BSB), I followed rdf0017: added a xps_gpio, connected it to the LCD pins (again referencing rdf0017's ucf file) using the GPIO_IO port. Then I used hello_lcd's src files to build a simple application. However, maybe because of v12.1, some of the xgpio functions in the src file (lcd.c) have been removed. So I had to modify the XGpio_mSetDataReg and XGpio_mSetDataDirection to XGpio_WriteReg (of course using the correct register offsets).

To summarize, what I did are:

1) use a system clock of 100MHz, same as rdf0017

2) added a xps_gpio to drive the LCD pins following exactly rdf0017's way

3) modified the lcd.c code to use XGpio_WriteReg because EDK 12.1's gpio version has removed XGpio_mSetDataReg and XGpio_mSetDataDirection.

However, doing these steps, I am unable to get the LCD to work (nothing is displayed). Am I missing something? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Newbie shi.feng

I have same problem? 

Can anyone help or is there any update to this post? 

thank in advance

0 Kudos