UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer aliasnikhil
Observer

ML605: Number of I/Os

Hi,

I am trying to test my design on ML605 board. Currently, I am using hardware Co-simulation to provide my input test vectors to my design. But if my inputs are externally generated, how do I give them to the FPGA? The number of bits I give as input is more than 12bits. My design runs at 200MHz.

Thanks!

-Nik

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ML605: Number of I/Os

You will need to create non memory mapped IOs for your hardware cosim token:

http://myfpgablog.blogspot.com/2009/12/sysgen-create-new-hwcosim-target-with.html

@aliasnikhil wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to test my design on ML605 board. Currently, I am using hardware Co-simulation to provide my input test vectors to my design. But if my inputs are externally generated, how do I give them to the FPGA? The number of bits I give as input is more than 12bits. My design runs at 200MHz.

Thanks!

-Nik

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Observer aliasnikhil
Observer

Re: ML605: Number of I/Os

Hi Jim,

I have read your blog before. But I want to know how many pins can I use this way as I/O and where can I find them on the board? Also, is it possible to make it run without hardware co-simulation? I am not exchanging any data with Simulink. It is using a free-running 200MHz differential clock on the ML605 board. For using this 200MHz clock, I have to create a netlist with sysgen and edit the netlist of clock wrapper as you have suggested me on another thread.

Thanks!

-Nik

0 Kudos