cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Question about Using SI5324,SI570 in ZC706.

Jump to solution

Hi. I'm using ZC706 Board.

According to UG953 Table 1-15, SI5324 is connected with AC8,AC7 PIN for MGTREFCLK.

image.png

Can I connect the output of SI570 to input pin (REC_CLOCK) of SI5324?

The zc706 board has SI570 and its default output os 156.25 Mhz.

What I want to do is shown below figure.

image.png

Q1. Is there a problem with implementation as shown above?

Q2. Does the SI5324 operate normally without any other configuration? Do I need a specific configuration for SI5324?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Question about Using SI5324,SI570 in ZC706.

Jump to solution

@kangsungsik Hi,

Ans: I think your solution is OK.

Q2. Does the SI5324 operate normally without any other configuration? Do I need a specific configuration for SI5324?

Ans: The Si5324 need to be configured by i2c bus, and you can get the example in the ZC706 bist demo on the Xilinx Website. You can take it as reference and check the Datasheet of Si5324.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Question about Using SI5324,SI570 in ZC706.

Jump to solution

@kangsungsik Hi,

Ans: I think your solution is OK.

Ans: The Si5324 need to be configured by i2c bus, and you can get the example in the ZC706 bist demo on the Xilinx Website. You can take it as reference and check the Datasheet of Si5324.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post