UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SP605 Development Kit: User SMA GPIO pin input voltage.

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I have a SP605 Development board that I am trying to connect to an incremental encoder . The incremental encoder uses a supply voltage of 15VDC and has an high ouput voltage of 12V. I am having a hard time finding what the Vih is for the two User SMA GPIO inputs(J39 and J40) on the development board. I know the FMC on this board uses a voltage of 2.5V, but I would like to get a conformation on the voltage for these SMA connectors before I fry something. Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: SP605 Development Kit: User SMA GPIO pin input voltage.

Jump to solution

i,

DON'T DO IT!

The input pin voltage on any pin, must be less than or equal to the VCCO of that bank.

2.5v bank = 2.5v maximum input voltage.

You will need an external voltage level translator circuit or component to reduce the voltages to the levels that are needed.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: SP605 Development Kit: User SMA GPIO pin input voltage.

Jump to solution

i,

DON'T DO IT!

The input pin voltage on any pin, must be less than or equal to the VCCO of that bank.

2.5v bank = 2.5v maximum input voltage.

You will need an external voltage level translator circuit or component to reduce the voltages to the levels that are needed.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose

View solution in original post