cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krunal_h_bhavsar
Participant
Participant

Serial communication with PC in Spartan 3E starter kit

Hi. I want a PC communication with Spartan 3E starter kit. I have develop my algorithm and it works perfectly. I have developed this in Sysgen. I want to take data in my PC. So any one can suggest how to communicate it. Is any one having the verilog or VHDL code for it.

Thank you,

Krunal

0 Kudos
2 Replies
magjan
Observer
Observer

Hi Krunar,

I am going to try and give you some hints in some direction even though your info is very sparse. Note I'm not a proffesional but mearly a hobbyist in this business.. 

From what I understand, you have developed some IP-core with SysGen to be used in signal-processing applications. Your system has not got a main controller yet? If not, maybe this is your main problem.

To be able to give input/output, control parameters maybe you should find yourself a soft-CPU (take a pick Microblaze, Picoblaze, OpenRisc or other) and hook up your ip-core as a perephiral on a bus. This would give better possiblity to test and control your core.

If you are still convinced that you don't need a main-controller, I would still recommend using a Picoblaze for serving your serial connection.

For example a simple hard-coded RS-232-lite that would connect to a PC for input/output is supplied as an example with the Picoblaze-source(look for rx/tx files) and it is for free. 

Good luck!

Magnus 

Message Edited by magjan on 05-08-2008 06:52 AM
0 Kudos
silva83
Observer
Observer

Hello,

I tryed to Linux console on Spartan 3E-500 Starter Board, but I don't know what is happen, because I don't see Linux 2.6 console through Hyper terminal... Do you already put in order this console on Starter Board!?... If yes, do you could give me some help to jump my problem!?...

I hope you could help me about this, because I will not advance with my work till I resolve this problem!...
   Thanks and best regards
0 Kudos