cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Suitable QSPI Flash Model for VCU118 evaluation board for the Xilinx ® Virtex ® UltraScale+ TM FPGA

Jump to solution

Hi Team,

I am currently using the VCU118 evaluation board on which I wanted to have qspi flash model with the specification :

• Part number: MT25QU01GBB8ESF-0SIT (Micron)
• Supply voltage: 1.8V
• Datapath width: 8 bits
• Data rate: various depending on single/dual/quad mode.

With the reference to these specifications, I have got the related model from micron link as shown : 

https://www.micron.com/products/nor-flash/serial-nor-flash/part-catalog/mt25qu01gbbb8esf-0sit

From Here I got the simulation model and data sheet.

I have query, Whether the downloaded model is compatible with the VCU118 board or Can you suggest the suitable model of QSPI flash memory for VCU118 board to be used ?

Waiting for the reply.

Thanks,

Prachi More.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Suitable QSPI Flash Model for VCU118 evaluation board for the Xilinx ® Virtex ® UltraScale+ TM FPGA

Jump to solution

Hi @gprachi123 

Are you designing your custom board with reference to VCU118 hence you are looking for simulation models for qspi device on it?

Yes, downloaded model should be compatible with the VCU118 board. The specifications for third part components on our Eval boards are as per third party data sheet.

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Re: Suitable QSPI Flash Model for VCU118 evaluation board for the Xilinx ® Virtex ® UltraScale+ TM FPGA

Jump to solution

Hi @gprachi123 

Are you designing your custom board with reference to VCU118 hence you are looking for simulation models for qspi device on it?

Yes, downloaded model should be compatible with the VCU118 board. The specifications for third part components on our Eval boards are as per third party data sheet.

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Team,

Thanks for the quick response.

With this model I am able to do the page program operation with std SPI interface, but for DUAL and QUAD and qpi interface mode facing issues.

The page program is not able to complete while the read status register is going on and not able to complete, and expected is, it should give the rx fifo data as 03 which is read status register is in progress after completion of page program the rx fifo reg should give 00. So we can say device completed it's page progam operation and will go in IDLE state. 

I can see the read dummy cycles provided in the data sheet is not exactly requied for read in different interface mode, is there any issue ?

Also, For page program operation it is taking much more time to complete arround 3 ms. can we reduce this time. ?

Erase operation is getting hang though the model understood the command. why it is so ?

Please provide the solution for those queries .

Regards,

Prachi

0 Kudos