UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

USB-JTAG module schematics for VC707

I am trying to repair a microUSB connector which is out of its place from VC707. Could anyone advise if the attached Molex connector part that I have will fit in okay into the original connector location ?

Below is a camera screenshot on the board location where the USB connector is supposed to locate before it is out of its place. I could not find any reference number near that connector.

It seems like the full schematics and its connector part list of U26 USB-JTAG module alone are not given in VC707 product webpage.

VC707 schematics : https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/vc707_Schematic_xtp135_rev1_0.pdf#page=20 

VC707 component part excel list : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jRc2ay8uLas_fGmofvru1H7wP7WuAIf7/view?usp=sharing

U26 is just the overall USB-JTAG module.
From what I have searched, it is neither J2 nor J17.

Screenshot from 2018-03-15 17-12-55.png

Screenshot_image001.png

Screenshot_image002.jpg

Screenshot_image003.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: USB-JTAG module schematics for VC707

Your image links are broken.

Easiest option is probably to email Digilent (who make the JTAG module) and ask. While they do guard the schematic and the custom EEPROM contents for their USB-JTAG adaptors carefully, I doubt that they'll mind you replacing the USB connector. You could also ask if they'll just sell you a JTAG-SMT1 (an exact replacement for that module), although they probably don't have any more stock.

With that said, in my experience, there are basically two things to watch out for with micro USB connectors: mounting orientation and through-hole pins. They're available in both normal and inverted orientations, and they'll have either zero, two, or four through-hole legs for mechanical stability. As long as you match those, most brands will fit the same footprint.

0 Kudos