Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

VCU108: Programming Si570 on XM104

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to program the Si570 programmable clock on a XM104 FMC card via the VCU108 System Controller.

Unfortunately the board responds with an error:

FMC HPC0 card present
XM104 not found on FMC HPC0 Interface

I tried with both FMC connectors, same issue.

Programming the clock of a XM107 in a similar way works without problems.Anyone got a clue what could be the source of this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: VCU108: Programming Si570 on XM104

Jump to solution

@progwolff An erased EEPROM is not a good sign. The EEPROM contains identification details of the card as per FMC specification. I believe that is the reason you seeing the issue 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Update: I noticed that the EEPROM of the XM104 is cleared (all entries 0xFF).

Might this be the problem? How does the system controller check for a specific FMC card?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@progwolff An erased EEPROM is not a good sign. The EEPROM contains identification details of the card as per FMC specification. I believe that is the reason you seeing the issue 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Before returning my XM104 I would like to try writing the correct data to the EEPROM myself.

Could anyone give me the correct data that usually is written to the EEPROM of a XM104?

0 Kudos