Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ferrytale
Visitor
Visitor

XM105 Debug Card + KCU105 problem, EEPROM reprogramming

Jump to solution

Like for example in this thread:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Xilinx-Evaluation-Boards/XM105-FMC-connected-to-KCU105-doesn-t-work-VADJ-1V8-FPGA-becomes/td-p/914651

we have the same problem with Debug-Card XM105 not working with Eval-Board KCU105. If we put it into FMC LPC Port VADJ is set to 0V and we can not program the FPGA anymore.

Though we managed to set VADJ manually to 1.8V via serial config interface, FPGA / JTAG -programming is still not working, as long as this card is plugged in.

The EEPROM in our XM105 has the same content as listed in the mentioned thread.

I guess we need instructions (tools, files?) per PM as this seems to be the solution in all the other threads about this issue.

Thanks for your help.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ferrytale
Visitor
Visitor

Found a solution at least to get access to the FPGA with the XM105 connected to the KCU105 evalboard (in another Thread):

The XM105 breaks the JTAG chain of the system, so the FPGA is not "seen" anymore.

A jumper between TDI and TDO on the XM105 JTAG-Connector (J5) did it!

I still have to manually set VADJ after powering de board, but then i can program the FPGA.

Idea found in this thread:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Xilinx-Evaluation-Boards/JTAG-Problem-using-HW-FMC105-DEBUG-with-the-ZCU102-Board/td-p/958406

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kdeshwal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @ferrytale ,

Have You tried the steps mentioned in the referred forum post , which are :

1. Please refer KCU105 debug checklist AR#63739.

2. Are you facing this issue at time 0 or after some point usage?

3. Share the power good LEDs snapshot after power up the board (before and after connecting the XM105 FMC card).

4.Is the board getting detected through Vivado Hardware Manager, share the snapshot?

5. Read the VADJ Voltage through SCUI, before and after connecting the XM105 FMC Card.
For details regarding the steps of reading the VADJ voltage please refer page 102 of UG917 (v1.9). Please download Tera term terminal emulator by following the guidelines present in UG1036 (v1.0).
Also download USB to UART Drivers by following the guidelines given in UG1033 (v1.0).
Both of these are necessary to read VADJ voltage.

6. After reading the VDJ voltage through SCUI, If the voltage is 0.31 V, You can manually set the VADJ voltage rail to 1.8 V, by referring to the steps mentioned in page 108 of UG917 (v1.9). And see if VADJ voltage again drops or not.

7. If the VADJ voltage still drops to 0.31 V even after Step5 please perform Power Controller Reprogramming by following this AR#65218

Note : 1. Please download correct XML File according to Revision of your board.

2.  For power controller Dongle please contact your nearest DFAE.

Regards,
Kuldeep

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please give Kudo and Accept as a Solution if solution provided seems helpful.
Have a look at our Versal Design Process Hub, Versal Blogs and the Versal Forum Useful Resources
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ferrytale
Visitor
Visitor

Funny, but not helpful! Everybody else who mentioned an issue of XM105 card beeing not recognized by KCU105 gets a PM with instructions for EEPROM reprogramming at the end!

So this seems to be the only and known solution. You can bet, i checked all these steps, since i knew about them from the thread i mentioned in my first posting.

Our LEDs show the same pattern and behaviour, we can set VADJ to 1.8V manually and it stays there until next power cycle and our EEPROM content (XM105) looks exaclty like posted in this other thread. What else can i tell you?

0 Kudos
ferrytale
Visitor
Visitor

Found a solution at least to get access to the FPGA with the XM105 connected to the KCU105 evalboard (in another Thread):

The XM105 breaks the JTAG chain of the system, so the FPGA is not "seen" anymore.

A jumper between TDI and TDO on the XM105 JTAG-Connector (J5) did it!

I still have to manually set VADJ after powering de board, but then i can program the FPGA.

Idea found in this thread:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Xilinx-Evaluation-Boards/JTAG-Problem-using-HW-FMC105-DEBUG-with-the-ZCU102-Board/td-p/958406

View solution in original post