Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sby38
Contributor
Contributor

XM105 EEPROM programmation

Jump to solution

Hello,
I see in the post https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62178.html that Xilinx can provide a way to program the XM105 EEPROM.
I also want to program the EEPROM of the XM105 board to change automatically the VADJ to 1.8V.
Can you help me with this issue ?
I have two Xilinx evaluation kit to connect the XM105 board: - VC709  - KCU105
Thank you.
Best regards,
Stéphane
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anatoli

Hello @sby38 ,

The UltraScale Evaluation Kits, such as KCU105 or VCU108, support XM10x FMC cards on the FMC headers on these kits.

These FMC cards should have the EEPROM programmed with the appropriate information and VADJ value for proper operation.
Access to the XM10x modules is granted through the KCU105 / VCU108 System Controller menu.  If the XM10x cards are not correctly identified, then the EEPROM on the FMC card may need to be reprogrammed to default values.
To do so, i've sent you a separate email with instructions to try. This isn't a supported flow, that is the reason why we can't get these instructions publicly shared via this forum thread.
Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 Replies
thedevvmann

While I dont know how to program the EEPROM, I do know that because VADJ is supplied by your host board, you can use SCUI (a Xilinx Program) to manually change the VADJ on your host board. Im fairly certain that once you set the VADJ it wil stay at that level, so you dont need to program the eeprom on your XM105, even after power cycling your host board.

Hope this helps.

sby38
Contributor
Contributor

Hello thedevvmann,

Thank you for your answer.

I was wondering if there is a procedure to program the XM105 eeprom using the VC709 or the KCU105.

But my need to have a 1.8V interface for the XM105 is for another base board which waits to read the right value in the eeprom to start Vadj voltage.

Stéphane

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @sby38 ,

The UltraScale Evaluation Kits, such as KCU105 or VCU108, support XM10x FMC cards on the FMC headers on these kits.

These FMC cards should have the EEPROM programmed with the appropriate information and VADJ value for proper operation.
Access to the XM10x modules is granted through the KCU105 / VCU108 System Controller menu.  If the XM10x cards are not correctly identified, then the EEPROM on the FMC card may need to be reprogrammed to default values.
To do so, i've sent you a separate email with instructions to try. This isn't a supported flow, that is the reason why we can't get these instructions publicly shared via this forum thread.
Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

View solution in original post

atr
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Anatoli,

I am having the same problem with 4 XM105 boards with blank EEPROMs. These are plugged into 4 KCU105 boards and I don't have the option of using the system controller menu because the application has to come up at boot without any interaction.

Can you also please send me the instructions for resetting the EEPROM. I am looking for a VADJ of 1.8V.

Cheers!

-atr

0 Kudos
ferrytale
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Anatoli,

Same problem with XM105 and KCU105. If i put in the XM105 card to LPC-FMC connector VADJ is nor set to 1.8V anymore. I can set it manually via UART Configuration menu but even then i am not able to program the FPGA via USB-JTAG and Xilinx-SDK anymore. With the card removed everything works fine. I hope this can be fixed by reprogramming the XM105-EEPROM.

So i would be happy if you could send me the nescessary instructions and/or tools for EEPROM programming.

Thank you very much and a happy new year!

Ferry

0 Kudos
fffxxx3333rjop_
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Anatoli,
I'm also having the same problem on XM105 debug card on ZCU104. I need 1.8V at VADJ even if XM105 is attached. However I have no solutions at this time. I will release ZCU104 evaluation set (with XM105 debug card) to the operator who does not have FPGA configuration / board power related knowledge. So it needs VADJ is set automatically. Could you please share the correct EEPROM content for 1.8V at VADJ for me.

Thanks and regards,
fffxxx3333rjop_

0 Kudos
djawol25
Visitor
Visitor

Hello Anatoli,

I'm facing the same issue with need to program the EEPROM. Could you please provide me the information, of how I can do achieve that?

Thanks in advance,

djawol25