UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor theaton15
Visitor

XM105 with zedboard as LPC

Jump to solution

Hey all,

I found a master .xdc file for the zedboard that I am using. While creating my constraint files, I came across something a tad confusing. 

The xm105 debug card indicates that FMC_LA33_N is used as a green LED in LPC configuration. My master xdc file, however, indicates that FMC_LA33_N connects to Bank 35 with the zedboard, counting it as one of my I/O pins. 

Will using this pin as an output or input work since the zedboard considers it to be a part of the IO? In the best case, can the pin on the xm105 be used as an output that I can connect with the trade off that there will be an LED that just keeps turning on/off? 

For more information, this FMC_LA33_N pin is not in the LA, HA, or HB rows on the XM105 card. This is why I wonder if I can use it as IO. 

If the xm105 has an issue, is there another card that xilinx has that would be better? I need upwards of 58 IO, and the FMC on the zedboard supports this as long as I can use these odd pins on the xm105. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: XM105 with zedboard as LPC

Jump to solution

@theaton15 I don't see anything that should stop you from using the J15 pins 3,4,5,6 as IO pins. Yes, you may have to live with the LED's turning ON & OFF based on how you are driving the signals. 

If you are comfortable with reworking the board, you can un-populate (remove) Resistors R1 - R4 to prevent the LED's from being driven. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Please go through following web site http://www.zedboard.org/ and try to find out solution to your issue.

FYI: The following link https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/fmc-cards.html  lists the several FMC cards.

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@theaton15 I don't see anything that should stop you from using the J15 pins 3,4,5,6 as IO pins. Yes, you may have to live with the LED's turning ON & OFF based on how you are driving the signals. 

If you are comfortable with reworking the board, you can un-populate (remove) Resistors R1 - R4 to prevent the LED's from being driven. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos