Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doverstreet6
Adventurer
Adventurer

XTP428 - ZCU102

Jump to solution

I am trying to run diagnostics on several boards that my company purchased. I am beginning with XTP428 and this fails on multiple tests. I will attach a screenshot of the GUI to show which tests fail. I am also attaching the full log of the diagnostic. Could somebody tell me why most of my tests are failing? 

Should all of my SW6 pins be all 1's or the way the pins are configured in the picture? Is there a particular bitfile or something that I'm supposed to be using? What am I missing?

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andresb
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi doverstreet,

Have you tried using the latest version of the BIT? From your screenshot, it seems that you're not using 2018.3.

Thanks,
Andres

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jlarkin
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Before following the instructions in XTP428, please make sure that you have followed XTP435 to ensure the board setup is correct.

The mode pins (SW6) should be set to 1111 (1=GND).

Please ensure that you are using the appropriate version of RDF0377 for the silicon and Vivado software version you are using.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
doverstreet6
Adventurer
Adventurer

@jlarkin 

I tried the suggestion and I found that I have old firmware. I am now trying to update the firmware but it will not work. Can you explain the process? 

Here's what I've tried:

1. Update the firmware_flash_gui_070517.bat to "MSP_BSL_Flasher.exe -f "..\elf\MSP_code_070517.txt" -c "Silicon Labs Quad CP2108x USB to UART Bridge: Interface 3" -v -p" (I also tried just CP2108)

2. Update the default.json to include CP2108 instead of "CP210."

Neither of these two suggested fixes in the forums are documented anywhere and I would imagine there is an additional undocumented step. Could you tell me what that is? I know I have CP2108 because I can see it in my device manager. Maybe I'm not editing the files correctly?

Thanks so much for your time.

0 Kudos
andresb
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi dover,

Do you have version 6.7 of the SiLabs driver?:
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69258.html
You want v6.7, even if you're using Windows 10.

Thanks,
Andres

doverstreet6
Adventurer
Adventurer

@andresb I installed this version of the drivers and it did not help. What is the next step?

0 Kudos
andresb
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi doverstreet,

Have you tried using the latest version of the BIT? From your screenshot, it seems that you're not using 2018.3.

Thanks,
Andres

View solution in original post

doverstreet6
Adventurer
Adventurer

@andresb Thank you for your help. After the combination of new drivers, using 2018.3 (I used 2017.4 because that's the version of Vivado/SDK I'm using), and modifying the bat file to the correct CP2108 version I was able to upload the correct firmware and run the BIST. I really appreciate the help. Please consider adding these steps in the Xilinx documentation.